We come together as the Phoenix Guild of the Catholic Medical Association in order to grow in our understanding of the moral and ethical principles of our Catholic Faith. We seek to engage and live our call to holiness, to grow in our love of God, and to support one another as faithful Catholics.
The Catholic Physicians Guild / Catholic Medical Association Phoenix is a chartered guild of the Catholic Medical Association, a national organization of Catholic Health Care Givers. We seek support, solidarity, and conscience formation among ourselves as we try to live the teachings of the Church in the care we give and in our personal lives.
CMA: “Upholding the principles of the Catholic Faith in the science and practice of medicine”
Unless otherwise noted, our events are held at the following address:
Diocese of Phoenix Pastoral Center
400 E. Monroe St.
Phoenix, 85004 United States
The Phoenix Guild’s purpose is congruent with the Catholic Medical Association and is:
- To uphold the principles of Catholic faith and morality as related to the science and practice of medicine.
- To cooperate in leading the Christian community, especially with the particular medical expertise and experience of the Catholic physicians, to understand,
- develop, and apply Christ’s principles of faith and morality to modern medical science and practice.
- To lead the Christian community in the work of communicating Catholic medical ethics to the medical profession and the community-at-large.
- To uphold Catholic hospitals in the application of Catholic moral principles in medical practice.
- To provide faith and conscience formation as it relates to the practice of Medicine.
- To offer educational programs that support spiritual growth and moral leadership.
- To provide a venue for Catholic physicians and allied health professionals fellowship.
- To support each other in maintaining core Catholic values in our daily professional lives.